Community support & help
This page will be used where there is something being done specifically in or for our parish. If you want to get something added please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mawnandiary.gmail.com
The facebook site have received a number of DM and posts offering help - pages hide these from most of the followers so they have set up a group so that people can make offers or request help as we move into a period of increased social distancing and social isolation. Please join and share. If anyone has capacity to assist with admin of the page then please shout and I will add you. You can find the page here: Mawnan Smith Self Isolation Community Support
Cornwall Council's library service have opened up the coffers if you run short of materials to keep the children occupied. Their facebook page now has a list of links and resources that are available to help keep everyone occupied. https://www.facebook.com/CornwallLibraries?ref=hl
Cornwall Council are also providing general support for getting on with our lives. If you feel you need help try the following blue links for more information and resources.
- Provided wellbeing resources: Our Public Health team have adapted the widely used 5 Ways to Wellbeing campaign to better meet your needs during this very difficult time.
- Provided daily exercise resources: Better, the contractor that runs Cornwall Council’s leisure centres, is now offering free virtual exercises classes via their app.
- Launched the People Hub: This new phone service launched by the Growth Hub can help you if you need support and advice on employment, training and skills, and can also point you towards further sources of support. The People Hub is staffed by a multi-agency team providing immediate information, advice, and guidance about:
- Employment and skills support programmes
- Temporary staffing agency workers
- Those under threat of redundancy or made redundant
- Zero hours contract workers
- Being furloughed
- Retraining or developing new skills
- Sick pay and processes
If you feel the lockdown restrictions are being flouted ...
Since the lockdown began at the end of March, Cornwall Council has responded to more than 2,100 complaints and will continue to do so for as long as is necessary using the same ‘Engage, Explain, Encourage, Enforce’ model. The Parish Council has no powers of enforcement, so please do not contact us in the hope that we can take action - we also cannot report on your behalf in this instance.
If you’re concerned that a business may be flouting the rules, please contact Cornwall Council on 0300 123 1118 or at email@example.com.