We're going to take the big step of removing the dedicated CORONAVIRUS page from our website - we're being positive about restrictions getting lifted!
Limited information will now be posted on this page about the 'virus and changes that will affect our parish specifically.
From 19th July almost all of the restrictions related to COVID will be lifted. However, Government guidance will set out how people can manage the risks to themselves and to others by:
- Meeting in well-ventilated areas where possible, such as outdoors or indoors with windows open.
- Wearing a face covering where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet in enclosed and crowded spaces.
- Washing your hands with soap and water or using hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day.
- Covering your nose and mouth when you cough and sneeze.
- Staying at home if unwell, to reduce the risk of passing on other illnesses onto friends, family, colleagues, and others in your community.
- Considering individual risks, such as clinical vulnerabilities and vaccination status
The Government stated they will review this advice and guidance in September.
The Parish of Mawnan includes the Village of Mawnan Smith and the hamlets of Penwarne, Helford Passage, Carlidnack, Bareppa and Durgan. The village of Mawnan Smith is just over 2km from the Coastal Footpath. The Village boasts a selection of shops - a garage (no fuel), Village Store, Electrical store, Hair salon, The Oystercatcher (homestyle shop) and The Red Lion Pub. The old Smithy has been transformed into a craft workshop support local craft.
Pictures by Elisabeth Melvin